LA CUCINA » Chicken breasts with potato blanket
Chicken breasts with potato crust
6 Chicken Breasts
3 medium potatoes grated
1 small onion grated
3oz of parmesan/cheddar
1/2 a chicken/veg stock cube or ie aromat powder
2 teaspoons of chopped parsley/rosemary
zest of 1/2 a lemon
1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven 180
- Drain the grated potatoes in a sieve to remove a bit of moisture then mix in a bowl with the grated onion,grated cheese,parsley, lemon zest,egg yolk, crumbled stock cube and seasoning.
- Place the chicken breasts on a well greased baking tray.
- Press the potato mixture over the top and sides of each breast then drizzle each one with oil.
- Cook in oven for 30 minutes .
- Serve with mixed vegs or salad.
Mrs G - sept '97 recipe